Public Comment Period Extended
DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND, THE CURRENT PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD HAS BEEN EXTENDED BY TWO WEEKS; THE DEADLINE IS NOW 12/18 INSTEAD OF 12/4.
Since 2007, ongoing public comment periods have been an important mechanism for keeping the Non-GMO Project Standard current and consensus-based.
The current comment period focuses on proposed changes and questions resulting from the spring 2013 public comment period, which ran from April 30, 2013 through June 30, 2013. The Standards Committee will be accepting comments on these changes and questions from November 4 through December 18, 2013.
This process depends on stakeholder input; we hope you will take the time to submit comments!
During this comment period the Standards Committee is also soliciting input on a number of specific questions. Click on the links below to review the questions and submit responses to them:
- Questionnaire for ALL topics EXCEPT seed (topics include honey, vitamins & supplements, variances #4 and #5, regarding micro and minor ingredients)
- Questionnaire for only SEED
- Questionnaire for only HONEY
- Questionnaire for only VITAMINS & SUPPLEMENTS
- Questionnaire for only VARIANCE #5 (Verification of Non-GMO Project compliance of Minor and Micro Ingredients using supplier affidavits)
Thank you in advance for your contributions to this important process!